Recently, I set up a demo Github account. I already had a demo GitLab account. So now I have two GitHub accounts, two GitLab accounts, and a Bitbucket account for good measure. It took me a few tries to get the multiple accounts working correctly, so these are my notes, in the event that I forget, or need to set it up again.
During a recent live-coding session, I tried to build a website uptime monitor with Pipedream. Even with a few digressions, I managed to get most of it done within the hour, and figured that the process and platform were worth sharing.
My shell startup has felt laggy for a while, but never quite slow enough that I felt compelled to track down the cause. Until today. Today I finally put in work, managing to shave nearly a second off its load time through a few adjustments to my setup with Oh My ZSH.
Arrow functions have been around in CFML since Lucee 5 and Adobe ColdFusion 2018 (Update 5), respectively. Despite this, I only recently began trying to get comfortable with the syntax. I was surprised to find that, while Lucee added fat arrow support much earlier, Adobe ColdFusion provides more complete support for the syntax.
We recently ran into a puzzling issue with
cfhttp and CommandBox 5. Requests to certain domains, such as trycf.com, would fail with
Unknown host: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure, despite the domain’s SSL certificate being valid. I hope this post, which digs into the somewhat unexpected source of them problem, is helpful to anyone else who might encounter the error.
Building on my previous post, which covered writing a basic custom command for the CommandBox CLI, I put together another video, detailing how to pass parameters to your command.
I posted a video, walking through the process of building your first CommandBox custom command. If you’re not familiar with this aspect of CommandBox, I think you may be surprised how quickly you can build your own CLI commands.
I’m not a database guru or SQL sherpa, but from time to time I do fill the role of de facto DBA. The following are some notes and observations from a recent, successful, migration from Microsoft SQL Server to PostgreSQL. Is it everything you need to know? Absolutely not. But there are some points and resources that will hopefully be helpful.
Hindsight being 20/20 makes the lesson of this post appear comically obvious, but as the underlying issue took a while to track down, I thought it worth documenting. The embarrassing TLDR; is that you should make sure that your Redis cache is appropriately sized for your session data or you might end up with errors that are difficult to debug.
One of the appeals of open source software is that anyone can contribute. When you encounter a problem with an open source project, beyond simply reporting the bug, you have the means of resolving it - anyone can send a PR. Having recently gone through this process with CommandBox, I thought it might be helpful to share the steps for contributing.